CoCo Chanel


I knew CoCo Chanel was a big fashion name but I did not know how revolutionary she was. I found a lot of cool stuff about her all over the place but I got sucked into a certain website full of information on her. The website is called "Inside Chanel" and they have a number of intense, but good videos about CoCo and how her company came to be.  CoCo created her own company from the ground (with some help from some wealthy men), starting out with hat making. She then saw a need to expand her work to clothing for the modern day woman. She didn't seem to care much about others opinions as she wanted to be more comfortable in her clothes as well. She aided the transition from hoop skirts, long skirts, corsets, and high necks to drop waistlines, shortened hems, trousers for women, and other things. 





These are some of my favorite videos form the website I mentioned above:

Here


Comments

Popular Posts